12.2.13

EVERY TUESDAY






*drawing by Octavia Monaco


Something very nice is happening every tuesday around here. I started a course run by talented illustrator Octavia Monaco. So what you see in the pictures is where we meet every week, for two hours in the evening. It has become one of my favorite places to be, right now. I wait for tuesdays with trepidation each time.
I love everything about it, from the course itself made so interesting by Octavia herself whom I really admire, to the fact it's located in the old city center where its lovely to wonder at night time.
It's a treat to have these 2 precious hours for myself, to learn from Octavia, to meet a nice bunch of other illustrators, to draw, discuss things, start all over again, learn some more, question myself about my style, my technique, about everything.
Starting from the beginning again it's refreshing and daunting at the same time.

A book project will be the outcome of this, which is very exciting. An illustrated book was a goal I set for myself recently. At the moment I am still in the process of catching up with the group, as I was kindly allowed in the course later compared with the rest who started in november. I will tell you more about it when it all develops further. The course will end in june. Stay tuned.






|||




No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...