10.1.13

DAVID BOWIE IS







+++ David Bowie released on the 8th of january -his 66th birthday- a new track after staying still for ten years!
When I found out (thanks freundevonfreunden!) I was over the moon. You may know or not that David Bowie was my first serious music love. I have been endlessly -and nearly esclusively- listening to his work for all my formative years. From high school to university. I improved my knowledge of the English language by translating his lyrics and I cannot count the hours spent in my room, laying on the floor next to the stereo with big headphones on, listening to his songs.
In 87 I was lucky enough to be able to see Bowie in a concerts of the Glass Spider tour in the only italian tour he ever did. It was magical, for me.
So here we are, this single is called Where are We now and it will be followed by an album that will be called 'The next day' and will be released on 12 march 2013. What amazing news.

Another really amazing news: this year the London's Victoria&Albert museum will host his first international retrospective "David Bowie is". The exhibition, exploring the career of David as fantastic music innovator and performer,  will feature more than 300 objects that include handwritten lyrics, original costumes, fashion, music videos, films, photography, set design and Bowie's own instruments. It will show from 23th of march to 28th of july. Don't miss it if you can.

I will surely NOT miss it, and am planning a weekend and buy the tickets before the end of the week. Fingers crossed :-)

And you? have you got a rock star you loved and followed for years?




{ pictures credits Andrew Walker AFP-Getty Images }

.......................................................................................................................

3 comments:

  1. I never want to comment quickly on your posts and then I end up not commenting at all - to hell with such politics!;) This is great news! You're coming to London! I so hope we can meet up. I've never been a fan of Bowie but if you can stand a non-believer during the exhibitions, I'll gladly go with you, too (no pressure, though! I can fully understand that this will be something special for you and I would hate to "step over it") or just a coffee maybe! And about your question, it actually inspired me, together with two small events that happened roughly at the time of your idol question, to cook up a small blog post about it, too:) Thank you! I used to like Depeche Mode, a lot. It was a second-hand love because my sister "brought it home";) They were the closest to being my idols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) i definitely would like to meet you! Maybe I can stand a non-believer, but can you stand me reading every single word/photo/video/costume in adoration? Just joking. I will let you know as soon as I book (did not do it yet :-( so we can plan something. I like depeche mode too, but those came later in time for me.
      Curious about your post, I will check it up now.
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Whatever happens, I do hope we meet:) The post finally arrived, as you know. Thank you for inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...