29.11.12

ADVENT IN A BOX CALENDAR

An Advent calendar is a nice way to count or celebrate the days in anticipation of Christmas. It is all about celebrating the very idea of waiting for something special that is about to happen.
Thinking of the joy of opening a little present every day, I imagined lots of nice numbered different boxes...
1.numbers 
You'll need numbers, from 1 to 24. I am going to use fridge magnets, little stamps, transfers. You can also find nice ones on magazines or have fun drawing your own on nice paper. I did that too. 

2.boxes 
I tend to keep boxes, so I found quite a few around. I covered with nice wrapping paper the ones I did not particularly like. Find some ribbons and cute things to embellish all of them. I am going to use masking tape, buttons, wool, christmas decoration, etc.

3.surprises
choose little presents, keeping in mind who's going to open the boxes. Here we are fond of stationary, so they'll include nice masking tape and punchers, but also cute little toys, candy, chocolate, liquirice, maybe some christmas decorations for the tree.

4.the calendar 
find the right toy for the right box, glue a number on each, close them with nice ribbons, assemble it all in a composition you like and stick them on the wall. I am going to use adhesive paste cause boxes are not really heavy, plus the paste won't ruin surfaces (not the box, not the wall).

Here above you see just 1, 2 and 3 box.  It is only the begininng.
Hope you like the idea. If you have a go yourself I'd love to see the results. 
+++ I am going to continue and hope to finish in time the rest.



.......





...........................................................................................................................................................


2 comments:

  1. My gosh, you're so creative! Love it!definitely following your blog!breath of fresh air

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very nice of you to say, Thank you so much and welcome then! :-)

      Delete

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...