23.10.12

TOYS TOYS




+++ I have previously talked about my love for old toys like mechanical tin ones, old illustrated fairy tales, wooden toys and things like that so I like visiting toy musea when I can. 

All pictures above are taken by me in the Deventer Toy Museum, well worth a visit if you happen to be in the neighborhood. There's a nice permanent collection, changing exhibitions and a play area in the attic(see last picture) where children can have a go with -among others- grocery shops, puppet theatre, build with a lot of lego bricks. There's also an interesting section where to play role games, dressing up and so on[which we unfortunately did not have time to do].

I have a little collection of tin toys myself. They keep me company in my study room and are often source of inspiration. Have a peak here if you like. Since then it has grown a little with a special tin u.f.o. guest and other little ones I might share shortly.

Have a lovely tuesday.


.......




............................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...