5.8.12

rEmeMBeriNg MAriLyN


the book on my lap just now

... 50 years ago, Marilyn Monroe died. It was the 5th of august and it was a sunday, like today.
I did not remember this date, but went to a book presentation today and it was a book about her. It was totally coincidental as I do not know the authors Morgana Montermini and Enrico Monti, anyway I was immediately intrigued by the idea of a book telling her story through 10 immaginary letters written by the 10 important men* who loved her, so I bought one copy.

* Arthur Asher Miller Robert kennedy Clark Gable Frank Sinatra Ralph Romeo Grinson . Ivan Haidabura Joe di Maggio John Kennedy . Salvatore Giancana . Yves Montand . 


I found out she was a singer before being an actress, that her heart -as written in the autopsy- was 300 grams, apparently a very big heart for a woman. By hearing this I was quite impressed.   I never read a biography of Marilyn but am quite interested in her persona. I am going to start reading this book as soon as I finish posting, hoping to find out more about this woman that still is such a style icon and so beautifully embodies the idea of a diva. 


{ photo 1&2 }



...




............................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...