13.2.12

RicORdo

This jar full of buttons belonged to my grandma. I asked my father if I could have it in memory of her and I'm happy to own it now. I remember it on top of her chest of drawers forever and I liked it since I was a child. It might have been a wedding present, or something she bought during her honeymoon. The most fascinating thing for me now, is the idea that all the buttons in it belonged to her. 
{ Questa piccola zuccheriera piena di bottoni apparteneva a mia nonna. Ho chiesto a mio padre se potevo averla in sua memoria e sono felice che ora sia mia. La ricordo da sempre in cima alla sua cassettiera; mi piaceva fin da bambina. Poteva essere stato un regalo di matrimonio oppure un souvenir acquistato in luna di miele. La cosa che piu' mi affascina oggi e' l'idea che tutti i bottoni in essa contenuti appartenevano a lei }
Very few of these buttons are colored: some pale blue, few red ones and an awful lot of white, grey, mother of pearl and black tiny buttons. They are very simple, delicate and quite small. Looking at them I remember her camisoles, the tiny flowered pattern dresses grandma used to wear. 
{ Pochi bottoni tra tutti sono colorati: qualcuno azzurro chiaro, qualcuno rosso in un mare di piccoli bottoncini bianchi, grigi, madreperla o neri. Sono bottoni semplici, delicati, quasi tutti piccolini. Guardandoli mi vengono in mente i suoi vestiti, le camiciole, gli abiti di stoffa a piccoli fiorellini che usava indossare.}
All together these buttons kind of tell the story of her life, that remains anyway mysterious to me. I am going to make something out of them using them all, something I to wear and to treasure.
{ Tutti insieme questi bottoni in un certo senso raccontano la storia della sua vita, una vita che comunque rimane per me misteriosa. Voglio realizzare qualcosa con i bottoni della nonna, usandoli tutti. Qualcosa da indossare e di cui far tesoro.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...